The Billund Brick is back with more for the 50th anniversary celebrations in Australia.
A set of very nice top 10 moments, which were voted for by the public, have now been immortalised in Lego bricks.
British photographer Mike Stimpson has built the Lego scenes and they are now on display on the Lego Festival website, which is marking the 50th anniversary of Lego’s arrival in Australia.
“Creating historical moments with Lego Minifigures is a great passion of mine, and I’ve had a lot of fun taking these moments that Aussies hold so dear to them and turning them into fun and playful Lego Minifigure versions,” said Stimpson.
The top 10 moments are (see the images here):
- Australian racehorse Black Caviar undefeated in 22 races (2012)
- Cadel Evans wins Tour de France (2011)
- Steve Irwin feeds a crocodile with one hand while cradling his baby son in the other (2004)
- Steven Bradbury wins gold in the men’s 1,000m speed skating at the Winter Olympics (2002)
- Nikki Webster stars in the opening ceremony of the Sydney Olympics (2000)
- Cathy Freeman wins gold in the 400m at the Sydney Olympics (2000)
- The Castle film receives widespread acclaim (1997)
- America’s Cup victory for Australia ends US domination (1983)
- Mad Max, an Australian post-apocalyptic film starring Mel Gibson, is released (1979)
- Sydney Opera House opens (1973)